Monday, 6 August 2012

Dear Agent.....

Exciting news for all fans of Nicola Morgan's helpful books on writing! This is one for all those who have actually written their book and are wondering about the next stage. (Previously ebook titles were Tweet Right and Write a Great Synopsis).

For those of you new to this kind of practical and thorough advice, Nicola Morgan has been blogging at Help I Need a Publisher for some time. Her books are compilations and distillations of posts which she has created and had reader response to. (Go to her blog for extracts from Dear Agent and chances to win a free copy).

And I can assure you that even a hardened old pro like myself has found them full of excellent tips. I want to publicise Nicola's excellent special offer for those of you who have Kindles or the Kindle App on your computers:

Dear Agent will be available on Amazon on August 10th (and shortly afterwards elsewhere) for the STUPID price of 75p for THREE DAYS ONLY. 

I don't want to jinx anything but I used my early copy to help me contact agents for my new venture of an adult book, under a pseudonym so no-one would know it was me. And I got a reply within 24 hours asking for the full manuscript! 


OK, that's not the same as a contract but I do put it down in no small part to Nicola's excellent advice. And as the author of more than 90 books, fiction and non-fiction in the last ten years, she really does know what she's talking about.

And I'm not even getting a percentage for this testimonial!

I'm just telling you that, if you have completed a book, this is the next one you need to get.

There isn't a link on Amazon yet but do take a look on Friday. You won't regret it.

3 comments:

Nicola Morgan said...

Mary, thank you! Yes, I'd like to confirm that not only are you not getting a percentage but also you blogged about it entirely of your own free wil! I'm so excited about the immediate response you got from an agent asking to see your MS - fingers tightly crossed. Keep us posted!

Stroppy Author said...

What a glowing review! I am going to recommend it to my creative writing students.

Katherine Roberts said...

Congratulations on the agent interest, Mary - clearly Nicola's book has worked the required magic for you, and I'm looking forward to seeing your first adult novel on the shelves very soon! What better testimony could a book have? I'm going to look out for it on my Kindle...