Saturday, 7 August 2010

Just one more and then I'll shut up about it

How many agents does it take to launch a paperback?

Or it's my party and I'll smile if I want to.

In this picture, three from Rogers, Coleridge and White. Patricia White, on right, has been my agent for over 25 years and we are good mates.

Next to her, her assistant Claire Wilson, then moi, then Catherine Pellegrino, who is also at RCW. They all came to support me at Bloomsbury for the launch party of the Troubadour paperback.

It was a very nice party and I wish I had remembered earlier that I had my camera with me. Then I could have shown you my editor Emma Matthewson, who made a very nice speech and has edited all seven novels so far that I have written for Bloomsbury, Ian lamb, who organised the party and all my publicity and Susannah Nuckey, head of Children's Marketing, who surprised me with the lovely poster that has Troubadour on one side and all the Stravaganzas on the back.

So you just have to imagine those guys. And the lovely librarians, booksellers, journalists and book bloggers who came. Not to mention my family, who put up a good showing.

Normal non self-promotional service will be resumed in the next post - till another book comes out!

8 comments:

Sue Purkiss said...

Oh, promote away! It's a wonderful thing to have a book - or a paperback edition - out, so why not do a bit of shouting about it? I think it's all very jolly, and I'm very much looking forward to reading Troubadour.

Katherine Roberts said...

Looks like a lovely party, Mary! These things should be celebrated. And promoted. Good for Bloomsbury.

karen ball said...

What a lovely photo. Congratulations!

DJ Kirkby said...

Great smile! Congratulations...many times over.

Penny Dolan said...

A very happy photo - and a truly deserved party!

adele said...

You look smashing, Mary! Congrats!

Nicola Morgan said...

Hooray! Well done! nx

Mary Hoffman's Newsletter said...

It's been printed in this week's Bookseller!