Thursday, 18 March 2010

Blogging from Bologna



Well, after a lot of anxiety about BA flights and last-minute changes of plan, I am cautiously optimistic that your Book Maven will arrive in Bologna on Monday for three days at the fair.

I hope to post something here on each of the three days - complete with photos, if I remember all my cables, chargers and adaptors.

It reminds me , since I first blogged as the Maven on our return from Bologna last year, that this blog is coming up to an anniversary.

So - drumroll - on 1st April (no kidding) you are ALL invited to a virtual blog party to celebrate with me. There will be more than one cupcake and obscene amounts of prosecco.

Then throughout April I hope to have some guest bloggers, interviews etc. Guests already lined up include Lucy Coats and Kate Forsyth.

8 comments:

kathryn evans said...

Count me in, shall i bring pineapple and cheese on sticks? I know how to live it up....

Victoria Mixon said...

Italy in the spring---how wonderful. I bet it's gorgeous in Bologna right now.

I wouldn't spend too much time trying to get it online. Just enjoy it, take lots of photos, and write it all down. Especially the details! What an opportunity for material. . .

I'm jealous!

Candy Gourlay said...

do we get to dress up as characters from your books?

Book Maven said...

Kathryn,one should never look a gift horse in the mouth, especially when that mouth is full of cheese, pineapple and cocktails sticks!

If there is anyone coming, not from the 1970s,delicious nibbles, especially veggy ones, most welcome.

Victoria, it's my 10th Bologna, and the weather is forecast to be cold and wet and British Airways are on strike but hey! Of course I'll have a great time as always but not so starry-eyed as not to be able to post news.

Candy, I hadn't thought but yes, that's obligatory - masks on, everyone.

Katherine Roberts said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katherine Roberts said...

Ooops, don't know what happened there... meant to say I'm so-o-o jealous, Mary! Can I come to the virtual party, too? I'm just reading City of Flowers, so very appropriate!

Book Maven said...

Don't be jealous! Of course you can come. (Oh, did you mean Bologna?)

Victoria Mixon said...

It will be raining on the Italians, but sunny in your heart.